As Sparklestuck is tomorrow, now is the perfect time to sum up everything you need to know, including some guidelines and reminders.
WHERE: 1000 McCollum Parkway NW Kennesaw, GA 30144
WHEN: You can start arriving at around 10 pm
HOW MUCH: $30, in cash, for admission
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING: Cash money for the aforementioned admission and for concessions and other things, your image code if you pre-paid, a gift for the exchange should you wish to participate, canned and other shelf stable foods for Can Town, sleep supplies, snacks and drinks (technically you have to smuggle these in but whatever, just keep them in your bags until you’re inside the building), gifts for other guests, etc.
As for guidelines:
- We request that you refrain from using body paint. We know it subtracts from a cosplay, but keep in mind that it will get fairly hot (melty paint = no fun), there aren’t showers (we don’t need Sparkles’ bathrooms to be coated in Ben Nye), and we don’t need cosplays getting ruined because you accidentally bumped into them in such a crowded venue. If you do decide to wear paint, you are expected to clean up after yourself thoroughly.
- You are to be courteous and respectful to all Sparkles employees at all times. This is just common sense. These people are staying up all night and working hard to provide you with a great time.
- Please try to leave your drama at the door, and not start any at the event. We should not have to explain what this means.
- Absolutely NO ALCOHOL is to be smuggled in. Some some alcoholic beverages are served in the cafe, and if you want these, of course you’ll need your legal ID. But no alcohol is to be smuggled in or passed around minors.
Additional rules will be given at the event itself.
- Can Town is a thing that is happening! It is a food drive. This means that you bring canned food and other shelf-stable foods to the meetup, we build an awesome town out of it all, take a picture, and then the items are donated to a local food bank. It’s really fun, and it’s a great way to give a little something back. Also, there’s a cool prize for whoever brings the most cans/shelf items!
- The gift exchange is also a thing that is happening. It is, however, optional. If you do not want to bring a gift, you may sit out the exchange and not receive a gift in return.
- Payment at the door is taken IN CASH. It would also be wise to bring extra cash for things like arcade games and concessions, as well as some extra goodies the hosts might be selling. There IS an ATM machine in the building, but beware that it may be out of order (as it was at the last Sparklestuck).
- If you wish to participate in the grub race, please try to bring a sleeping bag!
- Please do NOT sleep in front of the entrance to the jungle gym!
- Guests are provided with free water all night; we ask that you please keep your cup! It’s extremely wasteful to get a new cup every time you want water. Sharpies will be around for cup-labeling purposes. Mind you, there is also a water fountain.
- There will be a lost and found box in the dj booth. If you find anything lying about, please put it in the box.
Please let us know if there’s anything accidentally left out.
We’re looking forward to seeing you all there!